Saturday, September 12, 2009

Football Grid (9.5.09)

ContactSheet-001

Football season is upon us, and for me that means getting dragged out to various tiny Central Valley towns to see my little brother play whenever I visit my parents. Here my brother's team was playing in Mendota, the "Cantaloupe Capitol of the World". My little bro is number 70, he's a kicker, and you can see him doing his thing (in a blurry way) in number twelve.

My favorite by far is number eight, which was some crazy dad who kept yelling all night. I am impressed by how majestic I made his nasty little beard. (It was nasty. It really was.)

This has nothing to do with any of the photos, but man the recession has hit the Central Valley hard. Mendota, always a pretty small town, seemed so sad and empty. San Joaquin, always a pretty sad down, seemed fit to implode. It makes me sad to see these towns struggling, they're so important. Without them everything would be so homogenized.

No comments: