Friday, February 27, 2009

Looking through the peephole in the front door

ContactSheet-001

Took most of these out in the front yard, where I ran into the mailman.

"New camera?" he asks.
"Got it for Christmas, still getting to know it," I reply.
"There's a hawk that lives up in the blue building, you should take pictures of that."

Also, the pictures of the interiors of the house--the blinds, the peephole, the windows --remind me of the shut-in feeling I get about living in the city. I can hear other people's lives happen if I open the windows, so we usually keep them shut. That doesn't happen in the country. This is neither good nor bad, here no there, just something to think about.

PA_Schumacher_C

Here's the final version of that studio shoot I posted earlier in the week. We were supposed to recreate an image from art history and add a modern product. I chose this Man Ray photograph, mostly because I love Man Ray. I should have thaought about that more when I chose the image, because this one was a little difficult to light. It turned out pretty good in the end though, don't you think?

Tonight I'm getting Thai food with some photo friends, isn't that good?

1 comment:

Adam said...

Man Ray! I totally didn't realize that the first time I saw your picture, but something about it did seem familiar. I think it came out pretty good!