Sunday, February 8, 2009

Attempts

listless

I'm taking a class in the studio again this semester. I like working in the studio, but I'm awful at coming up with concepts for "commercial" photography. It is very difficult for me to think of making photographs in order to sell a product. Some people are great at it, but I would rather just get out some rocks or bugs and shoot those instead.



Here's another one I shot in the studio. This is me. I love the motion in this, the blur and the mess of hair. Hair monster.

What am I getting at? Something, anyway.

I think I'm going to start something new. I'm going to take pictures every day, even if they are bland. I'll make a little grid of 12 images and post them here. I'm sort of ripping this idea off from Liz Kubal (http://www.lizkuball.com/blog/) but my images will be so different I don't think it is a problem. Hold me accountable, my two readers! Tell me if you like what you see.

I'll start tomorrow though. These are tantalizing enough for tonight.

2 comments:

- said...

I think that would be way cool, are you supposed to just take 12 pictures and put only those 12 in, or can you edit and pick the best?

Centa said...

I am going to edit and pick the best twelve, but if I am pressed for time any 12 will do.