Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The kid that did that deserves a Maybach

One of my new years resolutions was to write in this more often. To be more transparent about who I am. I keep to myself a little too much, few people know me. So here we go.

The holidays were really wonderful. Without being overwhelmingly sappy, Christmas was great. I have an awesome boyfriend and my family rules. And while I know the holidays aren't all about presents, I have to mention one of them: Jay got me a new camera. Its pretty amazing, it just takes pictures like this with an effortless grace:

birthday-2

That is Jay waiting in line at the Museum of Natural Science, where we went for my birthday. My birthday is January 4th, so in my mind it is just part of the holidays. I'm 23 now. That's fine, I don't have many thoughts about it really. Mostly I view my birthday as inconvenient, its at a weird time.

birthday-3

I just liked this one alot.

So then yesterday I lost my job, which sort of makes all the shopping and things I have done over the past few weeks seem very stupid. Five people were cut from my store, same thing is happening at other places around here too. What sucks about this whole thing is that I didn't get a two weeks notice-- I really liked all my coworkers and didn't get a chance to say good bye to anyone. Nor was I able to brace myself and plan ahead. I would feel pretty stupid going in now though, I don't want to be that awkward person.

So now I have a whole lot of free time. Maybe I can finally start working on becoming a WWE Diva like I've always dreamed. If you need more history of the WWE Divas, here's a link that pretty much explains it all: Women's History Month. Or maybe, you know, I'll get another job. Psh, who am I kidding? I've already started down the Diva road.

The weird thing about all of this is that Jay and I planned to go on a trip to Florida starting tomorrow, which now feels exorbitant to me. I should be trying to get a job instead! But the trip has all been planned and paid for, so that would be stupid. I'll try to keep this updated with Florida-ness, I know all three of you are very excited.

3 comments:

Adam said...

Oh man, sorry to hear about your job, that stinks. But have fun in Florida!

Maybe you could get a job robbing banks or driving cars full of drugs across the country in a movie

akhilesh said...

Best website links related to Online Job sites in India!


http://www.back2office.com

In order achieve success in their job search, job seekers must target a wide range of Job sites and use all the available resources. Yes, its time consuming. However, dedicating the time and energy will pay off with more and better job leads, more interviews and more job offers!

Kim said...

I have similar transparency problems - case in point - my blog so far is really just photos and music rants. So it's something I definitely empathise with. I didn't make a resolution to change this, but it's something I definitely will work on. Hope we both end up getting out there a bit more :)

Good luck on the job search and look forward to seeing some photos!