Friday, April 11, 2008

Closeups

dragonfly

I found this dragonfly, dead, in my parent's driveway this past summer. I was borrowing Felix's macro extension at the time, and taking these pictures has radically changed how I approach making images. There is something about this technique that fits my mindset about art perfectly.

At the risk of sounding cheesy, I am constantly amazed at what I see when I photograph. I am filled with a wonder at what goes on around everyone all the time, and Ihope that some of that comes through in this work.

I buried the dragonfly in the garden after I was done.


Also! If you are in the Fresno area, go to the Yoshi Now flea market this weekend! My friends Adam and Aurora are both selling excellent things there, and there are snacks also, which is always a bonus.

3 comments:

jonnyreadme said...

bless that drgonfly's soul...your photos, especially the 2 you've posted, are very whimsical to me. big fan of ur work, hope to see a lot more

- said...

Didn't you attach the macro extension and your wide angle lens and like five other lenses? Or was that something else?

Centa said...

Haha, I'm planning a post on my over the top setup soon, so you'll see all of its many-lensed glory.